Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Funky Town?

Lately I've been feeling pretty strange. Not physically but emotionally I guess. It's like I've reached an odd point in my life & I just want to do what I want no matter how odd it is. LOL I want to go play hard and not care about anything. Sound weird? I guess it's like the kid in me coming out again but this kid isn't as good as the one I knew when I was a teen. ;) Back then I cared more about what people thought of me so I never stretched the wild side of me too terribly much. Now it's just like....who cares!! I'm not worried about what other people think of me. My true friends know who I am inside and that's all that matters really. I've been a mom since I was 19. I did have fun in high school so it's not like I never stretched my wings. I'm just ready to see what else is out there in this world of ours.

Other cultures & ways of life are starting to interest me. I'm reading about things that would have board me years ago. Guess some of that is just because I'm getting older and maturing more. The wild part that is going on is sure fun. My best friend Debbie that I grew up pointed out to me that this all started happening around my 35th birthday. I personally don't think much of age yet. At least I didn't think I did. I've never had a huge problem with getting older but I don't like the sound of 40 that's for sure. Could it be a midlife thing I'm going through? I know one thing....my husband is enjoying it! I've shocked him a few times lately with things I've done. LOL I've got 3 new piercings...so that's 5 now counting my pierced ears & I've gotten 2 tattoos! Hubby has begged me for years to get one on my back & I always said I never would. Last month he left for a week of river sports so I got a tat! He was very happy when he saw it!
I was at Walmart tonight & bought a bunch of Rock CDs from the 80's. WhiteSnake, U2, Def Leopard, & the list goes on! I love the rock from when I was young & I love love love country music!!! Big & Rich, Toby Keith, & so on!

I've been thinking of 2 more tattoos I want. One is a nice chain around my ankle & I would like to add charms to it when ever something important to me happens. Like my 1st charm would say, "5J's" on it representing my family. Our first names all start with J. I'm also trying to think of something to symbolize my love of country music. Maybe it will be a charm on my chain or maybe somewhere else. I don't know. It's just a thought. May never do it. LOL

Tonight on our way home from Walmart (about 30 min. from home) there was the most beautiful sunset. The sky was orange over the mountains & then there was this huge flock of birds that were flying in front of me as I looked at the sunset. It was just the most wonderful site. I'm so lucky to have seen it all. God did a great job painting the sky tonight. Thank you!

I'm sure you are all wondering if I'll ever stop rambling so I'll try to wrap this up. It's funny how you go through different stages in your life. Don't ever say, "Oh, I'd never do that", because you just might someday & it may be a blast!!!! I encourage everybody to try something new every now and again! Even if you are a bit nervous about it....just try it! No matter how small or large it may be.....just try it! I think we often get in ruts. Doing the same thing all the time.....break out of that & have fun!!!!

I should probably head to bed now. It's 12:30 AM. Very late for me!!

Here's a picture of the tattoo on my lower back. Pretty huh!!



No comments: