Thursday, July 27, 2006

A Chewing Harley

Do you ever have problems with your Harley chewing your belongs up? No? Well I sure do. I should probably tell you though my "Harley" is a 9 month old Pit. :) She's going through a chewing stage right now and the kids aren't liking it. LOL We keep her pretty active with walks and swimming and she loves to chase the kids when they are on their bikes. She's really cute & sweet and probably the best dog we've ever had. The other day it was over a hundred outside & she went for a run with hubby & the kids on their bikes. Poor little Harley came in just panting away. She kept panting too.....wouldn't slow down. I got really upset because it was scaring me how heavy she was panting......well I cried. LOL Yep, I did. I haven't cried over a dog since....well since I was a kid. LOL So you know she's tugging at those heart strings pretty good. Anyway, we finally got her to drink her water & then we put her in the tub under a cool shower & she just sat there loving it! LOL It was so darn cute! Anyway, yesterday my nephew who lives with us came into the house pretty bumbed. He had left his work hat (looks like a baseball hat with the restaurants logo on it) on his bicycle & Harley found it!! When he first showed it to me I just had to laugh! LOL There wasn't anything else I could do but laugh! My nephew wasn't very happy with me. The hat was so chewed up though that it was just too funny! He put it on and said, "I can't go to work looking like this". LOL Well, that just made me laugh more! He's a cook at a restaurant. The kind where the food is cooked right in front of you. Anyway, I told him that if he wore it to work maybe customers would feel sorry for him and tip him more! LOL LOL Ya, he didn't think that was a good idea! I can't imagine why!!!! :) I showed the hat to Harley & told her, "No, Bad Dog, No Chew", but who knows what that meant to her. She was probably thinking to herself, "Wow, Mommy thinks I did a great job on the hat"!!! My nephew took the hat to work to show everybody. I'll have him bring it back so I can add a photo of it. I owe him 8 bucks for the new hat he had to get but that's ok. I got a good chuckle out of it. Talk about cheap entertainment! I'm easily amused! Have a wonderful Day & keep an eye on those hats!! You never know when your Harley will need a chew!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: