Sunday, July 23, 2006

Camping - My Breath of Fresh Air!


Last week my family and I went on a camping trip. We prefer to camp on lakes in areas you can only boat to. It's so much more peaceful & you don't have to keep your dog on a chain or leash. They love just roaming the area. This last trip we went on was with some friends & their kids. Our kidos kept very busy catching salamanders. Here's a lovely picture of a bunch of them they caught. LOL Nice looking huh!?!?!?!?!!! This kept them busy for hours and hours over the course of the weekend!

They also swam and swam and swam!! Below is a picture of my friend's daughter and my daughter. She's the one telling you to "Rock On"!!! Aren't they cute!!





Here are two pictures of our friend's dog, "Sage". We made so much fun of her. She doesn't like to lay on the ground! She'll steel your chair before she'll sit on that nasty old dirt! LOL Ya, we had a big laugh over her many times. I kept trying to explain to her that she was a "DOG" not a "HUMAN" but she just didn't believe me!! We were by the water swimming at one point and she found a board to sit on instead of the ground!! OH MY GOSH SAGE!!!! YOU ARE A DOG!!!!!!!!!













My niece on our ski bob. This is the kid's favorite towable. It's very sturdy. I have to try pretty hard to get a kid to flip off this thing but of course I would never do that!! Wink! Wink!


This is my hubby with one of our sons and our dog "Harley" & yes, she knows she's a dog!! Her and Sage are actually sisters. They were born on Halloween in Oct. '05. They've just been perfect dogs!! It's funny how different they are from each other. Sage is such a priss where Harley will go and roll in the dirt just for the fun of it! Also, Harley LOVES the water! We have a hard time keeping her out of it! Sage stands at the shoreline and watches her sister swim! LOL Harley also decided she didn't like the kids swimming in the lake. She'd swim out and try to heard them in. LOL When they were just floating around the swim area with one of our boating tubes, she'd swim out to them and pull them in by the rope on the tube! She did this over and over and over again! LOL The kids would get so tired of it! After we'd get done laughing we'd call Harley over to sit with us so the kids could play without being "rescued" all the time.

By the way, my family named her "Harley Davidson Knucklehead". What a name huh! LOL :)

I love camping. It's my breath of fresh air. It's my reality check. It's my much needed break from everything. It's like paradise when I'm out there on my boat on the lake or just laying in my tent looking up at the stars. I love keeping the tarp off the tent so we can see the sky. The other thing I love doing at night while at the lake is putting my life jacket on once the stars are out and just floating in the lake and looking up at the sky. It's so peaceful.

I wish I was at the lake right now!!

1 comment:

Missy Glave said...

Hey Julie ... looooooove your blog. Sage is such a cutie ... reminds me of Wyatt ... doesn't quite grasp that he's a DOG either. Oh my gosh ... the area in which you were camping is GORGEOUS! Take care, M