Friday, July 21, 2006

Does Life Ever Slow Down?

Oh what a day!! I'm am so exhausted! Some days I feel like a taxi cab...well a taxi cab that does the errands & shopping too!! Here's a sample of part of my day as a cab driver:

9:45 AM - Load 3 kids into mini van.
10:00 AM - Drive through Dutch Brothers for a morning "Buzz".
10:15 AM - Drop off niece at my friend's house so she can baby sit.
10:30 AM - Take nephew (who we have custody of) over to his mom's
house to get some of his belongings she's come across for him.
10:50 AM - Drop Daughter off at the dentist for a filling.
11:00 AM - Take nephew to his place of employment to pick up paycheck.
11:05 AM - Drive to storage unit so nephew can put his stuff from his mom
in there.
11:20 AM - Take nephew to the bank to cash his paycheck.
11:21 AM - Nephew realizes he can't find his paycheck. Tears mini van apart.
11:22 AM - Take nephew back to storage unit to see if he dropped paycheck there. UGH!!!
11:35 AM - Didn't find paycheck in storage unit.
11:36 AM - Nephew is tearing mini van apart AGAIN looking for his paycheck.
11:40 AM -
THANK GOD HE FOUND THE PAYCHECK!!!!!
11:41 AM - I take paycheck from nephew & put it into my purse for safe keeping.
11:50 AM - Pick up daughter from the dentist. She did great!
12:00 PM - Take nephew back to the bank. I carried paycheck in for him & then
when he got cash I nabbed it and put it into my purse once again for
safe keeping!! I wasn't about to let him loose the cash & with his track
record today....it was very likely he would misplace it once again!
12:10 PM - Drive through McDonald's for some unhealthy yet tasty lunch.
12:20 PM - Sit & eat. How nice to have a break!!
12:45 PM - Arrive at the nail place for a pedicure.
1:15 PM - Learn that the gal wasn't coming in to work (the manicurists) due to day care
issues. Thanks for the heads up!
1:16 PM - Drive to Albany.
1:35 PM - Arrive at Costco & shop. Not a fun type of shopping that's for sure. Mainly for
vitamins & shampoos.
2:00 PM - Leave Costco & head back to Corvallis.
2:25 PM - Pick up my niece.
2:45 PM - Arrive at KMart.
3:30 PM - Load 3 kids into the mini van & nephew's new bike he just bought. Crunch!!
3:35 PM - YAWN!!
3:36 PM - Stop at the dollar store to ask sister-in-law something. She works there.
3:45 PM - Sister-in-law needs ice water so go the deli next to where she works & get
her one.....and one for me too! It's only 104 degrees outside today!!
4:00 PM - On our way home & irritated that I didn't get all my errands done!! I still
needed to get my oil changed & go grocery shopping! Oh well.....just have to
save those chores for another day!
4:15 PM - Arrive at home. Kick off flip flops, turn on my soaps I recorded, and crank the air
conditioning!
6:00 PM - UGH.....it's time to make the dinner!! UGH! UGH! UGH!


Yep, I'm a taxi cab for sure! LOL Maybe life will slow down when I have
an empty nest! LOL For now I should just enjoy it! Now, if you ever
here me say, "I have to do errands", you'll have an idea of what a crazy day
I'm going to have!!

No comments: