Monday, August 14, 2006

Knock knock..Who's there.....Apple...Apple Who?

MySpace Layouts

We moved into this house in October of '05. My daughter has hated her room since the first night she slept in it. It's a nice room. We painted it purple for her & bought her a new bed/night stand set from JC Penny's. She still hated the room. We'd find her sleeping on the couch or in our bed in the mornings. We do live near a busy road and at one point she said it was the headlights passing that would freak her out at night so I put up heavier curtains. She said that was great! That lasted just a few nights and then guess what.....she still hated the room. It's like she just can't get comfortable in it. It freaks her out.
MySpace Layouts
Almost two weeks ago she started telling me that somebody was knocking at her window at night. She refused to sleep in there. We asked all the boys here if they were knocking on her window trying to scare her or something and they all swore they weren't doing it. I had a hard time believing that some stranger would just come and knock on her window at night and then leave. But you never know.
MySpace Layouts

Last night was her first night home in a week. She'd been visiting my folks. She did sleep in her bed but it took some doing. She didn't want to sleep in there at all but she finally did. About 4 am this morning I got up to use the little girls room & then sat at my desk for a bit to get my vitamins I forgot to take at bed time.
Myspace layouts

Well, that's when I heard the "knock". Bam, bam, bam, bam, bam. Then after a few seconds I heard it again. Bam, bam, bam, bam. With my fuzzy 4 am brain I figured out who was knocking at my daughter's room! Apples!!! Yes, apples!! There's a HUGE apple tree outside of my daughters room and they are falling right now. Some are just tooooo high for us to pick. Anyway, the apples were dropping and bouncing across the roof!! I just had to laugh!!

I told her and the rest of the family today and everybody was relieved that Mom had solved the mystery of the, "Night Time Window Knocking"!!

Tonight, my daughter went to bed with no problems!!


Myspace

1 comment:

Missy Glave said...

Ha ... APPLES ... imagine that! Hope Josee gets a good night's sleep tonight.