Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Carrots, Eggs & Coffee beans & Weeble Wobbles....

MySpace Layouts
Carrots, Eggs & Coffee beans

A certain daughter complained to her father about her life and how things have been so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and she wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed that just as one problem was solved another arose.Her father, a chef, took her to the kitchen, filled three pots with water and placed the fire on high. Soon the three pots came to a boil. In one he placed carrots, in the other he placed eggs, and in the last he placed ground coffee beans. He let them sit and boil, without saying a word.The daughter sucked her teeth and impatiently wondered what he was trying to do. She had problems, and he was making this strange concoction. In half an hour he walked over to the oven and turned down the fire. He pulled the carrots out and placed them in the bowl. He pulled the eggs out and placed them in the bowl. Then he ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl.Turning to her he asked. "Darling what do you see?" Smartly, she replied. "Carrots, eggs, and coffee."He brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. He then asked her to take an egg and breakit. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiledegg. Finally, he asked her to sip the coffee. Her face frowned from the strength of the coffee.Humbly, she asked. "What does it mean Father?"He explained. "Each of them faced the same adversity,212 degrees of boiling water. However each reacted differently.""The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. But after goingthrough boiling water, it softened and became weak.""The egg was fragile. A thin outer shell protected a liquid center. Butafter sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened.""The coffee beans are unique however. After they were in the boiling water, it became stronger and richer.""Which are you," he asked his daughter. When adversity knocks on your door,how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?Are you the carrot that seems hard, but with the smallest amount of pain,adversity, heat you wilt and become soft with no strength?Are you the egg, which starts off with a malleable heart? A fluid spirit. But after a death, a breakup, a divorce, alayoff you became hardened and stiff. Your shell looks the same, but youare so bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and heart, internally.Or are you like the coffee bean? The bean does not get its peak flavorand robust until it reaches 212 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water getsthe hottest, it just tastes better. When things are there worst, you getbetter. When people talk the most, your praises increase. When the houris the darkest, trials are their greatest, your worshipelevates to another level. How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?
AUTHOR UNKNOWN
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but notin despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.II Corinthians 4:8-9

MySpace Layouts
I just found this online. It's just what I needed to see today too! I've had a really hard time with my 3 boys the last few months & sometimes I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I'm ready to walk out the door and not look back. I can't see what's in the future. Who knows, I may be a carrot by the time these boys are done with me. LOL Right now though I have to be coffee. I need to be stronger and come out of it better than I was when I started.

I know I've learned a lot about kids the last few years. I'm 35 years old & I've been a mom since I was 19 but just the last few years I've really understood how to interact with groups of kids, kids that aren't mine, kids that can challenge you. I've always loved my kids ofcourse and my friend's/families kids because I'd get close to them and really know them but I've never been a huge kid lover in general. Strangers kids....ya they bugged me. LOL Now I'm caring more about those kids I don't know. I want to help where I can. I was a cubmaster for a year & actually ended up loving the job. I really gave 110% of myself to the pack and I got so much in return from those kidos. It makes my heart smile to think of them even today.

I find myself wanting to become a teacher but I'm not sure I can do it. College makes me nervous. I hate tests and I always feel like I'm not smart enough to join the college people. LOL My own thoughts are what gets me in trouble here I guess. Not sure why I think I'm so dumb. LOL I know when I put my mind to it I can ace anything.

You know those weeble wobble people we played with as kids? That's how I feel sometimes with my kids. I may fall over but I don't fall down. I just keep standing up and going against the odds.

I'm lucky to.....I have some great friends that have been very supportive of me during this time. If you all are ready this.....Thank you!!!

Yesterday I had a phone call from an old friend of mine here in town. Somebody had called the state and reported their house being too messy.....ok dirty. I rushed right over there ofcourse. She was a nervous wreck. She thought for sure the state was going to take her daughter away. Yes, her house was that bad. We stayed in the front lawn until everybody showed up. There were 3 different people from 3 different agency's. My friend and her husband were pretty upset over the whole thing. The lady from the Child protective place said that she wouldn't take their daughter from them at this time but that the girl wasn't allowed in the house at all. Not even an inch. We told them who the girl would be with. Gave them a list of names....mine included. They just bought a house and are in the process of moving so once moved she can stay in their new home ofcourse. It'll be a few more weeks. Until then they are going to be bouncing her around between friends and family. She's 14 and has a good attitude about this so I'm sure she'll be fine. I just wanted to make all this go away for her yesterday. I felt very bad for her. She's a pretty tough cookie. She's beat cancer and a few other major operations in her lifetime. She keeps bouncing back. Please say a prayer for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!