Saturday, October 21, 2006

Last Weekend.......

I can't believe a week has gone by and I haven't posted about my weekend away to the coast! This week was crazy so I didn't have much spare time to blog. I'm supposed to be doing house work right now but I'm taking a break to do this. LOL The house work can wait!

Below are some pictures from our trip. I couldn't load all the pics so I'll do another post.

We visited the air museum in Tillamook on our last day. It was a lot of fun. The air hanger is one used during WWII. There used to be 3 of them but one burned in the 40's and one burned in the 90's. The pictures just don't do this hanger justice. When you are next to the building you feel like an ant. They are just so massive!
The remaining hanger....the museum. Ya....huge!!!

We also visited the Tillamook Cheese factory. This is my favorite cheese in the entire world!! I was raised on it. I always enjoy visiting the factory. You can watch them making it. There's also a gift shop here that is just a ton of fun. They also sell their own products along with other food products from around the state. Yum! We bought a bunch of cheese.....of course it didn't stop there. We bought some mustards, crackers, smoked salmon, fudge.....ya we had too much fun in that place! It all looked so good! They also make ice cream.....oh it's so good! We had to stop and get some! I was good and only had one scoop....I could of had three!! LOL


We also went antiquing. Love antique shops! This is a sign to one of the stores in Garibaldi Cute little town.

Sunday we tried to go to the beach. It was soooooo windy!! It was raining so we make holes in some garbage bags we had and used them as rain coats. LOL An old coast trick I learned from my mom years ago.....when raincoats are forgotten....pull out the garbage bags! LOL This is my friend Debbi modeling her garbage bag at the very windy beach.

A photo of the ocean on that stormy day. We collected some shells and such and then headed back to the house. I think we lasted about 45 minutes on the beach. We were both raised on the beach so we are pretty used to this weather.
The only other living things we saw on the beach that day! No body else was brave enough for a walk in the wind! We did get some odd looks from the seagulls.....I bet they were wondering what the heck we were doing at the beach in that weather! LOL
Me at the cheese factory!! I love their cheese curds! My ex-husband turned me on to them years ago.
Debbi at the cheese factory. Mooooooo!

1 comment:

Missy Glave said...

Oh my gosh Julie ... it looks like you and Debbi had a GREAT time! You so deserved this time away. I'm so glad you did it!