Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm Hitting the Road!!!

Yep, I'm hitting the road soon....& yes, in a truck! Sound crazy for a house wife of 17 years? LOL Maybe!! I'm probably leaving on Saturday for Utah for training. I'll be gone about 6 weeks. If there are computers there I'll be sure to post to let you know how I'm doing in a male dominated career!
It's starting to hit my husband more and more with each new day. He told me the other night that he only new how to cook three things. Well, I know he knows how to cook more than three things but I just told him that he could always buy a cook book. LOL Today he called me when I was done with my morning shift & said that he was going to miss me too much & was having second thoughts about me going to work on the road. How sweet is that!! He's such a doll!
We both want to do some serious saving for a house we want to build. I don't make much driving school bus so I thought I'd try truck driving. It will be easier to save if we are both bringing in good money. My husband is a penny pincher and is good with money so I'm sure we'll be fine.
I'm actually getting pretty excited about going. The freedom of the road! No kids to yell at! Well, I guess they can still call me on the cell phone but cell phones have an off button!! LOL
Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Missy Glave said...

I'm so proud of you for making this very brave decision. Make sure to call, email and update your blog so we know what's going on. Love you Julie!!

Anonymous said...

Be careful and good luck!