Thursday, December 14, 2006

My Poor Sauvo!



This is my poor doggy Sauvo. She was hit on her right leg by a car on Sunday. We took her to the doggy e.r. and they took ex rays and put her in a cast . The wrap on her front leg is just from the i v they had in her. This picture was taken Monday night. We picked her up from the doggy e.r. where she had stayed the night and took her to her normal vet Monday morning. They looked her over really good. They even took the ex rays to the University here and had the "top dog" at the vet school look at them. They all agreed that it had to be amputated. We were devastated. She's the sweetest dog you've ever met. Her normal vet has even made it very clear to us that if we ever have to find her a home.....she'll take her in a heart beat! She had surgery on Tuesday & came home late Wednesday. She's been doing pretty good. They have her on 4 antibiotics & 2 pain killers. She's one drugged up pup! I told her that was fine though.....what she's been through this week.....she's allowed all the doggy drugs she wants! lol She's been walking on the 3 legs pretty well. We don't let her up unless she's going potty or eating or drinking. The rest of the time she's in bed & she doesn't argue with that at all! I'm just so glad she's still alive. She's so calm and patient. Even through all of this she's been nothing but docile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.....Did the driver of the vehicle at least stop or did they keep on going? I hate that!

I bet that's one ugly vet bill, eeek....

Take care of your pooch

Jen(cannot sign into beta blogs to leave comments)

Anonymous said...

Julie ... I"m so sorry about Suavo. I know how much you love her. She is a beautiful dog ... and she always will be. It's amazing how animals can handle a challenge. Much love to you all. Missy

Andi said...

I'm so sorry to read about what happened to your sweet puppy. I got your name from Missy's blog and decided to stop in and of course I saw the picture of your Suavo. We have our own little dog Bully and I know it breaks your heart to have them hurt. I'll be praying that your Suavo will heal quickly and be up and around soon.